I am totally convinced there is a wrinkle in the space/time continuum this summer. What else can explain how we find ourselves in the middle of August already. Speaking of the middle of August, it’s hot hot hot here. And the humidity is off the charts this summer.
So naturally I’ve been eating homemade soft serve banana ice-cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner….seriously. AND…its good for you. So before I show off the next wonderful block in my Wicked and Wonderful PFMSQ, I thought I’d share my own perfect recipe for almost instant banana soft serve ice-cream.
You will need.
- 1 large or 2 small frozen bananas peeled and chopped in smallish chunks (if you freeze a big bunch of them in a freezer bag yesterday, you can use them today).
- 2 or 3 ice cubes
- 1/3 cup plain greek yoghurt or other plain yoghurt of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 T brown sugar or sweetener of choice (honey? monk-fruit sweetener?)
- 1 1/2 tsp cocoa (if you like chocolate banana) or
- 1 T peanut butter (if you like peanut butter banana)
- or all of the above extra add-ins if you are so inclined.
- Place all ingredients in the order listed into your blender/food processor/magic bullet.
- Whiz or pulse for a few minutes until everything is completely homogeneous. Keep whizzing until everything is silky smooth and has the consistency of a really thick milkshake.
- Scarf it down now, or spoon the mixture into a glass bowl and place in the freezer for about 1/2 hour to allow it to firm it up a bit more. Its possible that it will turn into delicious hard ice-cream if you leave it for an hour or so longer (but I’ve never been able to wait).
Enjoy this healthy breakfast/snack any time you want. Its Weight Watcher friendly and has been a true lifesaver for me this summer. You can make strawberry banana or peach banana or use almost any fruit that you may have frozen in your freezer, along with the bananas. YUMMY!
Back to the Zeppelin. I chose it as Block No. 7 on my Wicked and Wonderful PFMSQ. You can check out the original block by Julie Hirt here here at 627Handworks.
This is my version…..
This quilt is really coming together nicely. I’m starting to finalize the setting plan and I’m very excited. Stay tuned. Stay Cool. Stay Happy.
Did you do something creative today?